Weddings at TPC
If you are interested in having your wedding ceremony here at Thornhill Presbyterian Church we would be happy to speak with you about that. Thornhill Church hosts many weddings as we are a central location for accessing your reception venues. Photographs can be taken across the road at the lovely Oakbank Pond with lots of free parking.
Below are some of the guide lines that we follow here. If after reviewing this you are interested in investigating your special day further, please don’t hesitate to call Nadine Calfa at 905-889-5391, Office Administrator, or email email@example.com
Guide Lines and Information
- If you would like your wedding here at Thornhill Presbyterian Church, our minister,
Rev. Dr. Heather Vais will be conducting your service. If you have your own minister that you would like to be involved in your service, it is normally not a problem, but this would need to be discussed with our minister prior to approval. Please forward your minister’s information to us, such as denomination, church, etc., prior to approval. However, our minister will be present to oversee and offer any assistance should you need it (her fees will still apply).
- The cost for weddings at Thornhill Presbyterian Church is $1,225.00 and covers costs associated with our minister, organist, custodian, and the use of our building for wedding purposes.
- The cost of $1,225.00 includes the use of the church for one rehearsal (2 hours max) and for 3 hours for the wedding (an hour for the wedding, one hour prior to and one hour following the wedding). Any additional time needed for pictures, etc. can be booked at a cost of $65.00 per hour.
- The minister’s fees are for the rehearsal (2 hours max), and 3 hours for the wedding (as above). Any further hours needed will be booked at a cost of $25 per half hour.
- Any decorating must be done during office hours (Tuesday to Friday 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) or during the allotted time at the rehearsal. A fee will be charged for time over the two-hour allotted time.
- We have a no alcohol policy.
- The wedding bulletin is not the responsibility of Thornhill Presbyterian Church.
- The marriage license is not the responsibility of Thornhill Presbyterian Church.
- Our Sanctuary holds 275 people comfortably.
- Distance from the Sanctuary doors to the pulpit is 60 feet.
- There are 36 pews in total.
- There will be no food or drink in the sanctuary (beverages such as water in sealed containers are excluded).
- To reserve a date at Thornhill Presbyterian Church for your wedding, a $300.00 non-refundable deposit is required.